Have you ever needed to pitch an idea to an investor? The first thing he wants to see is your business plan. The problem is, you might have a great, money-making idea, but your business plan just doesn't cut it. That's where we come in.
CapitalSquare is partnering with Owens & Xley Consults to hold a business planning workshop for entrepreneurs, freelancers, and small business owners. We'll be teaching the basics of writing a business plan, and how to prepare the kind of business plan that investors want to see.
The workshop will be interactive, with the option to ask questions tailored to your specific business.
We need 10 confirmed signups before the workshop can hold (so please tell as many people as you can!). Interested participants should sign up and confirm (with full payment) before the 9th of August.
Admission Fee: N5,000 (Includes a drink, a snack, and internet access)
Please fill in the form below, and make your payment to the following account:
Zenith Bank PLC
Account Name: Qerassa Business Solutions Limited
Account Number: 1013385906
Once your payment is confirmed, we'll send you more information about the workshop.
Marieanne is a project manager, and the Principal Consultant at Owens & Xley Consults, a business advisory firm that offers the following services to startups and small businesses: business idea proofing, business planning, business process review and marketing. She also works with individuals who are toying with the idea of starting a business in Lagos and are wondering whether to take the plunge or not.
Marieanne has a Bachelors degree in Urban Planning and a Masters in Project Management from DeVry University. She also has experience in Marketing and IT Project Management in Nigeria and in the United States.
She is an Arsenal fan and tennis lover, who believes that "When you know better you do better."
Other Things to Note:
- Refund Policy: We understand that plans change, but if you can't make it to the event, please email us at least 7 days before the scheduled date. We will not be able to make any refunds after this time frame.
- Driving Directions: If you're driving from Victoria Island/tollgate, go down the Lekki express and pass the first 5 roundabouts (the 5th is Jakande/Mobil roundabout), then keep right. Turn right just before the 6th roundabout (by the green road sign), then take the immediate left turn to go into the Garnet parking lot. The building is grey with a black roof and an orange strip (with an elevator) down the centre.
- Bus Directions: From the mainland or Victoria Island, take the Ajah bus and come down at Igbo-Efon first roundabout. You should be right in front of the Garnet building (grey with a black roof and an orange strip (with an elevator) down the centre). Walk a few metres back to the turning off the main road, take the immediate left to the building.
- Parking: There's ample parking at the building, with adequate security, so there's nothing to worry about.
- Security: CapitalSquare is pretty safe, but we're having an open event, so it's best you keep an eye on your belongings.