If your taste lies in good books, music, food, or drinks, come join us for a relaxing sampler of all four at A Matter of Taste on Sunday, August 23.
Osisiye Tafa will be reading to us from his debut novel, Sixty Percent of a True Story, while we sample mouth-watering desserts, enjoy artfully crafted cocktails, and listen to the soulful sounds of some of our local artistes. And with an audience of art enthusiasts, dessert lovers, and drink connoisseurs, there won't be any lack of stimulating conversation.
We'll also have copies of the book for sale, as well as all the tasty treats from our vendors and partners, so don't forget to bring your wallets along :)
- Styrax Publishing
- Slice of Heaven: The Dessert Company
- OB Jazz
Other Things to Note:
- Refreshments: We'll have a limited number of bite-size dessert samples and pint-size cocktails from our partners for you to try out, and if you love them (which you will!), you can buy regular sized versions and get to munching :)
- Driving Directions: If you're driving from Victoria Island/tollgate, go down the Lekki express and pass the first 5 roundabouts (the 5th is Jakande/Mobil roundabout), then keep right. Turn right just before the 6th roundabout (by the green road sign), then take the immediate left turn to go into the Garnet parking lot. The building is grey with a black roof and an orange strip (with an elevator) down the centre.
- Bus Directions: From the mainland or Victoria Island, take the Ajah bus and come down at Igbo-Efon first roundabout. You should be right in front of the Garnet building (grey with a black roof and an orange strip (with an elevator) down the centre). Walk a few metres back to the turning off the main road, take the immediate left to the building.
- Parking: There's ample, well-secured parking at the building, so there's nothing to worry about.
- Security: CapitalSquare is pretty safe, but it's an open event, so it's best you keep an eye on your belongings.