We're Hiring: Administrative Assistant
Title: Administrative Assistant
Type: Full Time
Experience: Entry Level
Qualification: Bachelors Degree
Reports to: Community Manager
Start Date: August 1, 2015
CapitalSquare is a coworking space in Lekki, Lagos. We've designed an awesome workspace for entrepreneurs, freelancers, and small business owners, and we're building a community of independent professionals who like, support, and learn from one another.
Our community is very diverse, with members working in a variety of industry sectors, from technology, to marketing, business advisory, architecture and construction, project management, education, and the non-profit sector. And apart from just providing a space to work, we also actively help our members improve their skills and grow their businesses, by running a variety of workshops, trainings, and networking events, specifically tailored to the needs of small businesses.
We're looking for someone (preferably an ambitious, fun, brilliant, and confident someone) to join our growing team as the primary CapitalSquare contact at our new private offices. While you'll be spending most of your time receiving guests at the reception, it's also your responsibility to make sure the entire experience is a good one for our private office users - so you must ensure that everything works, all the time. You'll also be helping out from time to time with our regular coworking area.
This job will require you to be extremely efficient and very organised, so it helps if you're already that type of person.
You'll be working across a variety of roles, and you'll need to push yourself to constantly come up with unique and innovative ways to get the job done. This is a challenging role (small team = big responsibility) that requires both strategic and creative skills, and we can assure you that you will definitely grow here.
- Receiving visitors and callers at the front desk.
- Providing high level customer service and hospitality to all contacts (guests, clients, suppliers, other staff members).
- Ensuring that the facility is fully operational and processes are running smoothly.
- Solving member related issues to ensure a cohesive community.
- Maintaining product knowledge for all CapitalSquare operations.
- Providing tours of the private offices and facilities to potential clients.
- Scheduling and preparing meeting room bookings and other resource allocations.
- Carrying out office administration tasks, including mail handling, inventory management, and bookkeeping.
- Maintaining and overseeing the cleanliness, organisation, and presentation of the front office and entire private office space.
- Promoting our services and events.
- Assisting with other administrative tasks as assigned by the Community Manager.
- You must be a strong self-starter who thinks on his/her feet.
- Ability to recommend and initiate work projects with minimal direction.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Apps.
- Functional knowledge of bookkeeping.
- Previous hospitality experience is a plus.
- Passion for the startup and SME community.
- Passion for client service delivery.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good networking and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritise.
- Willingness to learn and grow.
- Work with an amazing team at a company that respects and values you.
- Become part of a growing community of creative and inspiring entrepreneurs.
- Access to all the same learning and networking opportunities available to our members: jellies, demo days, workshops, breakfast clubs, and more).
- Lots of opportunities to learn and develop yourself.
Fill out the application form below. You'll need to attach a few documents:
- Your current CV/resume.
- A cover letter, telling us why you want this job and why we should want you.
You might also want to come in for a tour and get to know us in person. We'll be happy to show you around!
The application closes on the 5th of June, 2015. Good luck!
Thank you for your interest in this position at CapitalSquare.
Unfortunately, the application has closed earlier than scheduled, due to the high number of submissions we have received. We will update this blog with new opportunities as they arise.