On the first Tuesday of every third month, CapitalSquare brings together three creators ( who could be building anything from mobile apps to broadway musicals) to talk about their craft and showcase thier creations.
We'll also have interested parties - potential customers, bloggers, investors, and the general public - around to have a look, give feedback, and ask a few questions.
What this does is open doors for the entrepreneurs, help them connect with a network of people who are interested in what they're doing, and give them insight into possible ways to improve their business or product.
And for the audience, it's a great learning experience, a chance to be discover new things, and a great way to spark new ideas.
This 5th edition holds on the 2nd of June.
And the best thing? It's absolutely free
Apart from showcasing your work at the event, you'll also get the following:
- Free advertising from our friends at IN3K8 Media. They are partnering with us to offer 1 week of free digital advertising to all our past and future Demo Day exhibitors, across all 13 of their screens in Lagos. See here for more details about what they're offering.
- A dedicated post on our blog, promoting your product or service.
- A business showcase and CEO interview on WhootAfrica.com
- 10 days to work out of CapitalSquare, absolutely free. Valid for 3 months.
Other Things to Note:
- Sponsorship: If you would like to partner with us to make Demo Day a success, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Refreshments: We will have water, soft drinks, and light snacks available at the event.
- Driving Directions: If you're driving from Victoria Island/tollgate, go down the Lekki express and pass the first 5 roundabouts (the 5th is Jakande/Mobil roundabout), then keep right. Turn right just before the 6th roundabout (by the green road sign), then take the immediate left turn to go into the Garnet parking lot. The building is grey with a black roof and an orange strip (with an elevator) down the centre.
- Bus Directions: From the mainland or Victoria Island, take the Ajah bus and come down at Igbo-Efon first roundabout. You should be right in front of the Garnet building (grey with a black roof and an orange strip (with an elevator) down the centre). Walk a few metres back to the turning off the main road, take the immediate left to the building.
- Parking: There's ample parking at the building, with adequate security, so there's nothing to worry about.
- Security: CapitalSquare is pretty safe, but we're having an open event, so it's best you keep an eye on your belongings
- Frequency: We'll be hosting Demo Day on the 1st Tuesday of every 3rd month.