We're super excited to host this workshop with Martin Avwenagha, AKA Ufo South, AKA the Doodle Overlord.
Martin has built an impressive career from doodling, and his works (check out his Instagram page) grace the walls of numerous buildings and office spaces, including our Ikoyi studio where the workshop will hold.
While doodling might come across as a complicated art form reserved for hardcore creatives and comic fans, Martin will show you that all you really need is an open mind an an interest in doodling.
In this interactive, hands-on workshop, you'll learn the building blocks of the art: from creating doodles out of simple shapes to more complex techniques.
At the end of the class, you'll be well on your way to mastering doodling!
Oh, and you'll also get the chance to enter a draw to win a Sakura 30062 6-Piece Pigma Micron Ink Pen Set, Black, so you can start off your doodling with the right tools.
Who is the workshop for?
Everyone! As long as you can wield a pen/pencil and you're interested in doodling, come through!
After this workshop, you will:
- learn how to unleash and explore your creative side (everyone has one!)
- Acquire a new skill. Doodling is also scientifically proven to improve focus and relieve stress at the same time
- Gain a fun, new hobby that's also cool
- get the chance to become a doodle overlord like Martin!
Date: Saturday, October 21, 2017
Time: 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
Venue: The Studio by CapitalSquare - 114B Ilupeju street, Dolphin estate, Ikoyi.
Cost: N10,000 only
How to register:
Simply confirm your attendance by paying for the workshop using either of the payment options below:
Paystack: click here to pay via paystack
Bank: Zenith Bank PLC
Account Name: CapitalSquare Workspace Solutions Ltd
Account Number: 1013385906
If you're paying via bank transfer, please send an email with proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once we confirm payment, we'll add you to the list!
Please note that seats are not confirmed until payment is received
OTHER THINGS TO NOTE:
- Driving Directions: From Dolphin Gate (from Ikoyi), turn left at Corporation Drive, then take the first right onto Eti Osa Street. Drive down to the end of the street and follow the bend right onto HFP Way. Immediately turn right onto Ilupeju Street and go down to the end of the road. CapitalSquare is the little yellow gate on the left, at the corner of Ilupeju Street and Apapa Lane.
- Bus Directions: Take a bus to Obalende - alight at Obalende bus stop, then take a short walk to Ijeh, where you board a Keke NAPEP to Dolphin Estate. Alight from the Keke at the Dolphin-Obalende gate, at the corner of Corporation Drive and Apapa Lane, then walk ahead along Corporation Drive and turn right onto Awori Road. Go down to the end of the road, and turn right into Ilupeju Street. CapitalSquare is the little yellow gate on the left, at the corner of Ilupeju Street and Apapa Lane.
- Parking: There's roadside parking available on the street.
- Security: CapitalSquare is pretty safe, but we're having an open event, so it's best you keep an eye on your belongings.