With bad numbers or no numbers, a business is flying blind.
— The New York Times
This interactive, hands-on workshop is for entrepreneurs and small business owners who have little to no accounting skills, but desire a well-run business and know the importance of good accounting. It will focus on simple, cost effective ways to keep the right business numbers and stay in line with accounting regulations.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- The most important numbers in your business
- Processes for day-to-day accounting
- How to understand and interpret your business numbers
- How to use your numbers for decision-making
- How to present your numbers to different stakeholders
- How to ensure that you're right with the law
The workshop fee is N5,000, and covers the following:
- Light refreshments
- Training materials
- Writing materials
- Certificate of completion
Date: Thursday, August 24, 2017
Time: 11 AM - 2 PM
Venue: CapitalSquare Ikoyi (Directions below)
Cost: N5,000 only (Free for CapitalSquare members)
HOW TO REGISTER:
CapitalSquare Members: Enter your promo code below to unlock your member ticket. (If you don't have the promo code, please ask your Community Manager or email email@example.com, and we'll send it to you). Then you can select your ticket and click register. No payment necessary!
Non-Members: Click the "Join Waitlist" link below. Enter your details, and pay here. Once we've received proof of your payment, we'll send you your ticket.
ABOUT THE FACILITATOR
Chioma Ifeanyi-Eze is an Accounting guru with over 11 years of finance, bookkeeping, and business consulting experience spanning over several industries of the economy. An expert in startups, she has been involved in starting up finance functions for several companies and projects. Trained in PricewaterhouseCoopers, Chioma was formerly Finance Manager at Jumia Nigeria and has also led the Finance function in several other businesses.
Chioma holds a Bachelor's degree in Accounting and a Masters in Accounting and Finance. She has also been a Chartered Accountant for 10 years and a Chartered Tax Practitioner for 5 years.
Chioma is a super-accountant, teaching young companies and people to embrace financial management in their personal lives, businesses, and vocation. With a passion for improving the 99% failure rate of small businesses in Nigeria, Chioma focuses on small business management, improving their book-keeping and accounting, and ensuring that they have reliable financial information upon which they can take optimal business decisions.
Chioma is the Founder of Accountinghub.ng. Nigeria’s premier professional services online shop focused on offering brilliant bookkeeping and tax support to Startups and small businesses at super-affordable pricing. She introduces virtual, retail and tech-accounting in Nigeria.
OTHER THINGS TO NOTE
- Driving Directions: From Dolphin Gate (from Ikoyi), turn left at Corporation Drive, then take the first right onto Eti Osa Street. Drive down to the end of the street and follow the bend right onto HFP Way. Immediately turn right onto Ilupeju Street and go down to the end of the road. CapitalSquare is the little yellow gate on the left, at the corner of Ilupeju Street and Apapa Lane.
- Bus Directions: Take a bus to Obalende - alight at Obalende bus stop, then take a short walk to Ijeh, where you board a Keke NAPEP to Dolphin Estate. Alight from the Keke at the Dolphin-Obalende gate, at the corner of Corporation Drive and Apapa Lane, then walk ahead along Corporation Drive and turn right onto Awori Road. Go down to the end of the road, and turn right into Ilupeju Street. CapitalSquare is the little yellow gate on the left, at the corner of Ilupeju Street and Apapa Lane.
- Parking: There's roadside parking available on the street.
- Security: CapitalSquare is pretty safe, but we're having an open event, so it's best you keep an eye on your belongings.