For many startup owners, dealing with accounting and tax can feel like a major hassle. Thing is, to successfully run and grow a business while staying on the right side of the law, you need to stay on top of both!
That's why the awesome folks at Taiwo Adeniji & Co. will be teaching a FREE workshop this weekend, to show you everything you need to know about accounting and tax.
And even if you've hired an accountant, it's absolutely important that you're able to stay on top of your numbers. It's your business after all!
THE WORKSHOP WILL COVER:
1. Basic Bookkeeping
- What is bookkeeping & Accounting?
- Importance of bookkeeping & Accounting
- Books of Accounts to be kept
- What is Income/ Profit or Loss statement?
- Difference between an Income statement & Cashflow statement
- What is a balance sheet?
- How to derive a balance sheet
Questions & Answers
2. Tax Filings
- Various types of taxes demanded statutorily
- Rates of the various tax types
- Returns to be filed & when
- Penalties on late filings
- Worked example on VAT using the new template
- Worked example on PAYE calculation
Questions & Answers
DATE: January 20, 2018
TIME: 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM
VENUE: CapitalSquare Ikoyi - 225 Ikorodu Crecent, Dolphin estate, Ikoyi (directions below)
COST: The workshop is free to attend. Registration is required though
OTHER THINGS TO NOTE:
- Driving Directions: From Dolphin Gate (from Ikoyi), turn left at Corporation Drive, then take the second right turn onto Ikorodu Crescent. Keep a look out on your right for number 225
- Bus Directions: Take a bus to Obalende - alight at Obalende bus stop, then take a short walk to Ijeh, where you board a Keke NAPEP to Dolphin Estate. Alight from the Keke at the final stop and board a Dolphin estate shuttle. Be sure to inform the driver that your stop is 225 Ikorodu crescent.
- Parking: There's roadside parking available on the street.
- Security: CapitalSquare is pretty safe, but we're having an open event, so it's best you keep an eye on your belongings.
ABOUT THE FACILITATOR
TAIWO ADENIJI HND (Accounting), ACA. (MANAGING PARTNER/CEO): qualified as a chartered Accountant (ICAN) in 1991 and has worked as accountant/auditor in virtually all sectors of the Nigerian Industry.
Apart from her rich audit, tax consultancy, financial management background, Taiwo worked at various times as Client Financial Management Specialist at Accenture, Account Manager Hygeia and Audit Senior Ernst & Young respectively amongst others.